domingo, 6 de marzo de 2011

The First few days

Well hello there!  I can´t believe anyone would actually read my blog.  I´ve always thought blogs were for yuppie hipsters or the angsty teens that need a resource to vent their frustrations and/or emotions.  Apparently, blogs are also for 23 year olds who are traveling to europe and have people who actually want to know what´s going on in her life.  hmmm... How do I keep you interested...

Once upon a time...

The flight went well- no delays, food service was on time and the flight attendants were cordial.  I slept exactly 3 of the 7 hour flight.  Despite my attempts of putting myself in a drug and wine induced coma, I only slept 3 friggin´ hours.  Oh well...  When I got to the airport, Kaitlin and Ollie were waiting for me!  Sweeeeet!  because traversing the gigantic metro system by myself with three bags would have been interesting to say the least.  Thank god they were there to help me, the poor Ginger roaming around Madrid by her lonesome...

The first day was great but I almost passed out in my cafe con lech three times, into my tapas twice and walked into a car exactly one time.  But I pushed through and stayed up until one am.  We basically just walked around Malasaña (Google it.  But basically it´s the trendy/gay district of Madrid.  Pretty cheap, super cute, filled with lots of cafes, boutiques and stuff of that sort... :-) )  It was raining a lot that day so we ducked into a lot of stores, ate lots of things- new favorte: Napolitana con Choco.  It´s like this amazing croissant sort of pastry thing stuffed with the most delicious chocolate you´ve ever had.  It cost exactly 2€. 

Yesterday was good.  I slept in then went for a walk around Malasaña.  Found these two amerian girls, Mary and Adriana, and we hung out the rest of the day into the night.  We went on this tapas tour.  14€ and we went to 4 bars and had some delcious tapas incluuuuuding, Bulls Tail marinated in Chocolate and Red Wine.  It tasted exactly like beef stew no joke.    Then after that I met up with Ollie and Kaitlin for some gelato (Nutella flavored) and then for a couple beers/glass of rioja. 

then i went to bed.  I have a funny story for later, but right now i´m off to Rostro and getting a cup of coffee

ciao ciao ciao

Kendall

1 comentario:

  1. Hey Kendall!

    It's great that you're back in Spain. How long will you be there, and for what purpose?

    I love that you spent the whole day shopping and eating. They are fantastic pastimes.

    ResponderEliminar