lunes, 28 de marzo de 2011

Day 20 - San Sebastián - excerpt from personal journal

"Day 20. San Sebastian 25 March 2011

 Hiking up a mountain
 A cute little fountain in a park
Some boats a the port

Second and last day in San Sebastian.  Today it's 17 degrees outside and sunny and wonderful.  I'm sitting in this café by the bridge that divides the city (well, there are actually 4 bridges and it's the inlet that divides the city). Anyways, today I plan on hiking a mountain, walking along Zurriola Surf Beach, going to the aquarium and visiting the Mercado de San Martín and maybe going to the Naval Museum, but it depends on how much money I have.  I'll write later.  It's time to explore.

1:15. I suppose there could be worse things than a lunch of napolitanas with chocolate and a Coke, sitting out on a terrace in 20 degree weather with a bright sun and plenty of people to gaze at.  Happy girl.  :)

8:00. Unparalleled beauty,  the force of which was so strong it pulled me off my path and forced me to sit and stare and bathe in its beauty.  I cant stop smiling.  There are yellow lights glowing in the just dark city.  The sky a dark blue, fading into an almost Robin's Egg blue over the ocean.  The mountain is black but the lights shining up from the bottom is perfect.  It's the perfect scene.  There is water just before me, for maybe half a mile leading into the other side of this gorgeous city.  Palace miramar perhaps has the most adequate of names.  I can't decide if the quiet of being alone makes this moment perfect or if the only thing that could make it better would be if I had someone to share it with."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario