domingo, 3 de abril de 2011

29 March 2011

Entry from personal journal, written a bit in the style of stream-of-conscious. Time passes without notification. Ultra swanky and literary, right?



At the train station, yet again, waiting for my train to Nice. I'm so excited. Perhaps I should stop thinking so highly of it so I won't disappoint myself. However, I hear amazing things. I have done some research and the is a great local dive bar that Princess Caroline visits for seafood- I'm definitely going there. It's supposed to rain a bit, mostly Wednesday night and I'm already contemplating staying through until the 2nd to be able to see some nicer days and maybe go to Monaco for a day, do some scouting out for the trip with the family. Its only a 15 minute train ride. However, staying in Nice means an incredibly long (6 hour) train ride on the 2nd.

There are currently military men at the gare (train station) with machine guns which is only slightly scary. It would be more terrifying if they weren't all smiling and laughing.

Random observation: Ive never seen so many... Disabled people than in Europe. I feel like every day I see someone on crutches, walking with a limp, blind, or with a foot longer than the other wearing one of those shoes with a 5" lift...

I digress...

Now I know what the military men were at the gare for: some guy was smuggling socks.
I would be laughing too.

Au revoir, Toulouse...

***

Bonjour, Nice, It's lovely to meet you...

I'm sitting at a nice restaurant called "caffe dell arte" in the plaza where the Flower Market is held everyday. M hoping tin get their formula for 17€ we will see what happens. Their. menu Is in this really beautiful gold paper.

Okay. I got the formula(fixed price menu, aka prix fixe which includes a giant Nicoise salad and a filet of salmon and and a dessert, which I obviously got the chocolate crêpe. (readers, you should know that my love for chocolate is immense and unwavering).

They should have prix fixe menus in the states. It's awesome. You just get a few choices, mix and match, and it's a set price. It may not include a drink, or dessert some vary that way, but it's wildly popular in Europe it must work...

There are these really nice men sitting next to me, asking about my food where Im from, etc. They appear to be french. The salad was amazing, it was enormous and delicious. (one of the mens name is Mimo, or something tongued effect).

Cote- Rotie 2005. Reserve
Gentleman bought me a bite of the above wine. Apparently it's a pretty good wine. I have no complaints, as it tastes better than the house wine I was drinking.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario