viernes, 8 de abril de 2011

More of Nice...

Nice, France

So after the Weirdo Incident, I went back to the hostel and hid in my room.  I needed a nap!  As I was in my bed reading, a guy staying in my room came up to me and I'm immediately thinking, CAN I NOT GET ANY SLEEP AROUND HERE?  NO PEACE AND QUIET?  I'M TRAVELING ALONE AND YET SOMEHOW I AM NEVER ALONE!  

Enter Joe.  Joe is from Bristol, England and is in Nice on a dream assignment- he is getting paid to travel around Europe for a month blogging about food.  I'm extremely jealous.  (It does occur to me that I am doing basically the same thing, on a longer scale, but I am unfortunately using my own, hard earned money.  Must find out how he got this job...)  Joe is exactly what I need- a break from skeevy guys.  He has a girlfriend that he loves and has no interest in abducting me, he just wants someone to eat with.  And if you remember, I am quite a talented eater.  So it could be to say, we're a match made in Food Heaven and continue to spend the next couple days wandering around Nice, sitting on the beach drinking beer and eating pizza, and eating some really great meals. Our meals  ranged from the pizza and beer on the beach, to Kebab, to Sushi, to mussels and fish.

By Friday, Joe was leaving for Milan and I was headed to Monaco for the day.  On my way out the door I for no reason I can think of, I go the wrong way.  The complete OPPOSITE direction of the bus station to Monaco and I knew that.  I continue to walk that way, knowing my mistake and run straight into Joe.  The Italians, always up for a good strike, had decided that April Fools Day would be a great day for a train strike.  (Literally, there is a website dedicated to the upcoming strikes in Italy.  If you're interested... however it's only in Italian, but you'll get the general idea.) So Joe, not being able to make his trip to Milan that day, looked and me and said, "Monaco?"  So off we went, to Monaco for the day, no big deal or anything.  Just an obvious day trip for two people unfortunately stuck in Nice, France together.  (Did you sense the sarcasm?)


If you would like to see Joe's food blog, which I suggest because it's really well done and has beautiful pictures, you should go HERE!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario